top of page
Mother and Daughter

Immigration Hatfield, Hertfordshire

We can provide up-to-the-minute, effective immigration advice for clients in London and across the UK, as well as internationally. We have extensive experience with the most complex and niche immigration matters, so no matter how challenging your circumstances, we can provide specialist advice in Hatfield, Hertfordshire. 

We not only pride ourselves on exceptional standards of immigration services but also on fairness and transparency when it comes to costs. We believe our business begins and ends with our client and we are committed to providing the best client care and immigration advice in the UK.


Our immigration lawyers can advise on matters including:


Spouse/ Unmarried partner visa.


This visa route provides an opportunity for non-British partners to live and work in the UK. You can apply under this route if you are the husband, wife, civil partner, unmarried partner (living together in a relationship for at least 2 years), fiancé, fiancée or proposed civil partner (will marry or enter into a civil partnership in the UK within 6 months of arriving) of a specified partner (see below) 


Our lawyers provide expert legal advice and representation to those who are applying for a UK family visa as a partner or spouse.


Long Residence


An indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) application can be made if you have been living legally in the UK for 10 or more continuous years. Unfortunately, the British government has sought to make it increasingly difficult for migrants to obtain Indefinite Leave to Remain, especially for those applying under the long residency route. From arbitrarily refusing applicants due to a historical mistake on their tax form, to turning down applications that contain the simplest error.


At K and K Solicitors, our team have an in-depth understanding of ILR requirements. By instructing us, you can be confident that your application will be managed with professionalism and care.


Student visas


The student visa provides the holder with the temporary right to live and study in the UK. If you are from the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland, or Liechtenstein and you started living in the UK before 31 December 2020 you should make an application under the EU settlement scheme. If you are coming to the UK from 1 January 2021 you will need to apply for a student visa.


If your student visa application has been refused with no right to appeal, we can assist by way of judicial review. Our team of UK immigration lawyers are experienced with making judicial review claims against the UK Home Office.


Parent of a child present in the UK


It may be possible for you to apply to remain in the UK if you are the parent of a child who is:


  • Under the age of 18

  • A British Citizen

  • Has indefinite leave to remain; or

  • Has been living in the UK for a continuous period of seven years and it would be unreasonable for them to leave.


The immigration rules and guidance in relation to making an application can be very complex and daunting not to mention ever-changing. The most common reasons for refusal include misunderstanding the rules, failing to include the correct supporting documents in the format required.


We will ensure that your application is thoroughly prepared in accordance with the latest rules, with the correct supporting documents and vetted carefully before final submission to the immigration authorities.


Adult dependant visas


You will be able to apply for an Adult dependent relative visa if you:


  • Are 18 years of age or over;

  • Are a parent, grandparent, sibling, son or daughter of a British national or of someone who is settled in the UK;

  • You require long term help to perform everyday tasks – such as washing, cooking and generally looking after yourself;

  • You have physical and/or mental health disabilities;

  • The support you require is either not available in your country of residence or affordable;

  • Your UK based relative on whom you depend is able to support you financially without relying on government benefits.


If you think you or your dependent relative might be eligible for this visa, you can contact a member of our immigration team for further advice or to start the visa application process.

Ancestry visas


You can apply for an ancestry visa if you:


  • Are a Commonwealth citizen;

  • Are applying from outside the UK;

  • Are able to prove that one of your grandparents was born in the UK;

  • Are able and planning to work in the UK;

  • Meet the other eligibility requirements.


Ancestry visa holders can stay in the UK for years and can apply for an extension of this visa. This category leads to Indefinite Leave to Remain.


Whilst on this visa, you can study, work and bring family members. However, you are not permitted to switch to this visa and you are not permitted to spend public funds.


We assist with the preparation and submission of ancestry visa applications, which can be made up to 3 months before your intended date of travel to the UK. Usually, the decision by the relevant government body is made within 3 weeks of submission.


UK Visit visas


At K and K Solicitors, we can assist you with applying for a visitor visa to the UK. You can apply for a General Visitor visa if:


  • you want to visit the UK for leisure, eg as a tourist on holiday

  • you’re visiting friends or family who aren’t permanent residents in the UK


For general visitors, applicants can stay in the UK for up to 6 months.


In some cases, visitors may wish to make repetitive trips to the UK over a long-term period. The UK Immigration Rules cater for this requirement and applicants can stay for a maximum of 6 months on each visit, with visas lasting 1, 2, 5 or 10 years.

Indefinite leave to remain


If you have lived in the UK for a number of years and you intend to remain here, you may be eligible to apply for indefinite leave to remain (ILR). ILR gives you the right to settle in the UK and live here indefinitely. Once you have been granted ILR, your travel to and from the UK will not be restricted and you will be allowed to take up employment or business activities without requiring a work permit.

To be eligible for ILR you need to show that you have been in the UK for a minimum period of time. The length of this period will depend on your immigration status.

A member of our immigration team will be able to take all of your personal circumstances into account and advise you on whether you are eligible to apply for ILR and, if not, when the earliest opportunity is that you may do so.

British Citizenship


Achieving British citizenship grants you full rights to live, work, and travel as a UK citizen. You can enter and leave the country without restrictions and enjoy the status that citizenship offers. It is very rare that citizenship gets revoked; therefore, obtaining British citizenship will ensure you and your family feel secure.


For many people who have migrated to the UK and built a life here, the moment they qualify to apply for British citizenship is a culmination of years of hard work and planning. Being denied citizenship after investing so much of your life into the process can be devastating. Therefore, it is essential to prepare a quality application for naturalisation that improves chances of positive results. At K and K Solicitors, we can help you put together a strong application and collate all required documents.

Administrative Review


Administrative Review is the first option available when applications under Points-Based-System gets refused by Home Office. 

Our lawyers have an in-depth understanding of the Administrative Review process. We can assist you with the correct application procedure and ensure UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) know exactly why an Administrative Review is being requested, so they can focus on correcting the relevant issue.


At K and K Solicitors, we will take the time to carefully examine why your visa application was refused and advise you on the best course of action to take. 


Administrative Review can be a complex process; however, by instructing us, you can trust that your matter will be dealt with quickly, and all aspects of the Administrative Review process will be explained to you in a clear, friendly manner.


Do you need help with Administrative Review?


Immigration Appeals


If your application for asylum is refused, you have the right to appeal. This will give you the chance to provide new information that was not previously available. The deadline for submitting an appeal is very strict. Our immigration lawyers are experienced in acting quickly in these cases and can ensure you have the opportunity to appeal your immigration decision if you have grounds to do so.


UKBA delay


If you feel that there has been an unreasonable delay on an immigration application, you have submitted and you have suffered a detriment as a result of the delay please contact our Immigration lawyers for immediate assistance.

bottom of page